CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

What is that Noise?

On a typical Sunday I am up and about between 8 or 9 am (on my own will) and sweet Matich is sound asleep until sometime around 11 am. However, this morning was a bit different. The clock had just struck 8 am and there was this insanly annoying sound, where it was coming from I had no idea. I opened the front door and the sound became a little more clear....I checked the back door.....and man I struck gold! I could not believe how loud it was. My intitial thought was to blame it on the new neighbors and their remodeling/party shenanigans, but to my left something caught my eye! It was no bigger than my fist and a good 30ft in the air.....a bird. Not just any old bird, a woodpecker, hammering away on a wood post in the back yard. It was so funny to me that such a cute little fellow could cause such a ruckus and force me out of bed prematurely! (this just goes to show you how much we have to blog about lately, no news is good news I say!)


6 comments:

THE WILKER CLAN said...

we are surround by all that noise...woodpeckers,
magpies-the worst,starlings,doves,pigeons,duckswild cats,stray dogs, and even humans!!! they are a beautiful site..and i feed them all!!!

THE WILKER CLAN said...

p.s. great picture

Julie Knowlton said...

But what if he was INSIDE your house?

P.S. You lika the repair cream?

The Cliftens said...

Amber! Is this my long lost drill team BFF? I was looking at Sarah Hansen's blog and looked at yours...hopefully this is the right Amber??! I would feel pretty dumb if it wasn't! :)
-Nat (Innes)

Brooke said...

I have my own little "woodpecker" that wakes me up every morning. We call him Kimball! So funny though...geeze do you live in the woods? Was the little guy lost? I have never seen a woodpecker...

Us in a paragraph said...

Very annoying, true, but I'd have to say I'd rather have a bird wake me up early in the morning rather than any of our weird neighbors at 2 in the morning! Hopefully this bird doesn't make a habit of waking you up.